WHEN: 18 May 2013
WHERE: In the State Emergency Headquarters,
1. Opening by Mayor, Paul Antonio
2. The National Birds in Backyard Program (Holly Parsons, Birds in Backyards Program Manager)
3. Suitable plants to attract birds (Patricia Gardner, Toowoomba Field Naturalists Club)
4. Cultivated plants suitable/available for Toowoomba gardens (Lauren Marlatt, Toowoomba SGAP)
5. How to identify birds (Mick Atzeni, Toowoomba Bird Observers Club)
6. Using Bird Finder program and reporting birds to BIBY web site online (Grahame Rogers, BirdLife Southern Queensland)
12 noon: Lunch
1 pm – 4 pm: Field trip to bird-friendly gardens (inner city, large block on urban fringe of the Toowoomba Field Naturalist Club members ).
Cost $5 (to be paid on arrival).
RSVP essential to Grahame Rogers gwrogers[at]bigpond.com or 07 4698 1727 (Please replace 'at' with the symbol and remove the brackets.)